The magic of an Electric Corkscrew is not lost on the Houdini metallic red opener. I think this is one of the best wine openers that I have seen in many years. It works well, it is affordable, and it looks awesome.
Features I love about this Electric Corkscrew
Most wine lovers will understand my reasons for loving these features.
Built in Foil Cutter
With the Houdini electric wine opener you will never find yourself looking for where you put the foil cutter. The foil cutter is a part of the appliance and is always there when you need it. If you are like me and have a junk drawer full of lost things like foil cutters you will understand why this is one of my favorite features.
Many of the electric wine openers are not designed to stand upright unless they are on their charging bases. If you lay those items down they get covered with towels, they roll under the edges of other things, and they roll off of the counter onto the floor.
Most cheap electric wine openers are black or silver, or a combination of black and silver. This one is metallic red. I like it. The bright red is easy to see, the device is cheerful, and it adds a splash of color to all of those kitchens filled with stainless steel appliances.
- The appliance stands upright when you are not using it
- The foil cutter is built in and not a separate piece that can be lost
- Comes with the batteries and the charging base
- Opens synthetic and wood corks
- Has a clear shell so you can observe it in action
- One button control lets you open bottles with just one hand
- One button control
- Has a long battery life
- May not be compatible with European electrical currents
- Customer service department of the manufacturer is not easy to work with
I love most things about this electric wine opener. I love the name because it does remove corks like magic, and Houdini was the greatest magician, escape artist, of all times. I love the color and the fact that you can watch the cork being removed. I highly recommend this unit to anyone looking for an electric wine opener.